Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pintested - Chem-Free Cleaning - Bathroom Sink

My bathroom sink frequently looks . . .disgusting. With my parents coming I couldn't possibly let my mother see the sink like this.

Today's pin-test comes from the info from here via this pin.

My husband usually shaves his head over our sink and then leaves his hair there to clog it for a pretty indefinite amount of time.

DRAIN CLEANER: Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into drain followed by 1 cup vinegar. Let it sit and fizz for 15 minutes, then rinse with hot or boiling water. May need to repeat or leave baking soda and vinegar in overnight.

I was hoping the foaming action from the drain cleaning would leave me with nothing left to scrub - but this was not the case. On to round 2.

SCOURING POWDER: Combine 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup borax, and 1 cup kosher salt in a jar. Sprinkle on area to be cleaned, wipe with a sponge, and rinse.

With all of the cleaning I've been doing I've pretty much run out of baking soda so i used 1/4 cup of each ingredient instead of a full cup.

In fact, I figured while I was at it I may as well scrub the entire sink area.
The back of the sink had also gotten a bit grody.

I was pretty happy with the results.

Was it worth a try? It sure was and I definitely recommend it.
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog I am gonna Love your organization as well as commercial cleaning calgary ! The daily and weekly bins are a great idea.Thanks for posting this sort of information !
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete