Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pintesting In The Kitchen - Crockpot Ham

We ran into some issues with our dishwasher and garbage disposal the other week. Ultimately I ended up with a massive pile of dishes that needed to be done once the dishwasher was finally fixed. When you just keep running out of dishes and you allow yourself to be convinced that your apartment complex will be fixing things the next day cooking anything can become quite a chore.

Once I got the dishes to a much more manageable place I was able to not just consider cooking but to pretty much resume my regularly scheduled life.

On my most recent trip to the grocery store my chosen splurge was a ham.

Nothing really large because we are only a family of three, but large enough I felt like we had a good shot at some leftovers.

TO MY CROCK POT!!!! .... but first TO PINTREST!!!!

Today's kitchen pintest comes from this pin and the source pin here.

Cooking ham is usually a pretty simple affair but what can I say? I enjoy testing out the pins on pintrest.

I rubbed my ham with brown sugar.

Then chose to mix my maple syrup and pineapple juice together before pouring it over the ham.

I set the crock pot for five hours and felt good about the fact that tonight there would be an actual home-cooked meal.

The resulting ham was really good. I didn't get around to taking pictures because I was so hungry by the time it was ready that pictures weren't even on my list.

Is this pin worth a try? It sure it. It's a really common way to prepare ham just with the addition of a crock pot.

I don't make it a habit to keep pineapple juice so I just used the juice from a can of pineapple slices. The husbands favorite dessert is pineapple upside-down cake so I figured this was a great excuse to make him a yummy dessert to follow up a meal that involved actual cooking. Sadly when I went to do so I found we were out of eggs so I ended up making a quick spice cake instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment