Nearing the end of my second trimester and entirely through my third trimester of my pregnancy I became worried and obsessed with finishing my sons nursery before my due date. This was something I didn't manage to accomplish to my satisfaction.
My pal Sweety Darlin remarked at one point that my son would never notice, know, or care that his nursery was finished. Right as she was, I remained a woman possessed. Now that he's here I've calmed way down and very few of the unfinished nursery items bother me.
Two weeks into happily co-sleeping with our newest addition I realized that I actually had months until it mattered how finished it was.
Once his umbilical cord came off I was happy that now tummy time could begin. I'd already seen this quilt on Pinterest but now I had that "my-son-must-have-this" feeling. So I set to work.
I had my husband print out the template from the source post and bring it home.
Began digging through my fabric to see what I thought might best suit this project.
Hit up WalMart and checked their fat quarters, took a picture of the ones I was considering, texting them to a friend and asking her opinion.
Create a mustache template using some leftover cardboard. Cut myself with my rotary cutter. Bleed on the paper print out. Post the whole shenanigan to Instagram. Soldier on like a boss.
Cut the mustaches.
Cut out some mustache shaped fusible webbing. This I didn't do as well as I'd hoped so I ended up fusing the webbing to the mustache and then cutting off the excess.
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the mustaches with the fusible webbing on the backs to fuse to my blocks.
I was able to cut all my template, the mustaches, the webbing, and sew the mustaches onto the blocks all in the same day.
Now to begin laying out blocks and figure out the most appealing configuration for the blocks.