Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pintesting - Chemical-Free Body Wash

I was out of the body wash my mother was so kind to buy for me and feeling indignant about buying more. I mean why do that when I could make my own and have a lot more control over what would and would not be in it?
Today's pintest comes via this pin and the info found here.

You will need:

1/2 Gallon distilled water - I'd actually already bought a gallon. Yes, I see how it seems a bit silly to buy distilled water but not body wash.
2 cups grated bar soap - I knew I wanted something organic. I ended up choosing a Nubian Heritage soap because their products are certified organic, contain fair trade ingredients; and are free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, DEA, PABA, synthetic fragrance, artificial color, and animal testing.
2 tbsp vegetable glycerine oil

I grated my soap and stored it in a Mason jar along with the label from the box so I wouldn't forget what was in the jar or what volume the soap had come in when I'd gotten it.
Melt 2 cups grated soap in 1/2 gallon distilled water
Along with 2TBSP of Vegetable Glycerin oil

I also chose to add a few drops of tamanau oil.
Mix well.

I poured the mixed soap, water, glycerine, and oil into half of a milk jug I had around and used the handle to neatly pour the  body wash into my container.
There was more there than it took to fill my original container so I also called upon a Mason jar to come to my aid.
The mix gelled in about an hour I'd say.

The body wash wash low-lather but definitely did its job. My skin was left soft and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment