Feeling like "baby Ironhide" would be here tomorrow I was beginning to panic again. Despite my Craigslisting items for his nursery there was still so much more.
Fixating on soakers for some reason I turned to Etsy and caved to my hugely anti-plastic stance and bought a couple of fleece soakers.
Buying just a few wasn't giving me the "fix" I needed. I looked at a few more, I even favorited quite a few.
Eventually I decided to make some myself as well.
Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information found here.
I had to have my husband print out the template because we don't have a printer.
Once again I used an old manilla folder to create my usable template.
Then, entering fully crazy person mode - I went to JoAnns for their President's Day sale to load up on fabric I knew was already on sale.
It's really hard to cut fabric with a toddler so I waited, like I usually do, until she was in bed to cut my fabrics and have them ready to sew the following day.
Instead of positioning my template over a fold in the fabric I just positioned my template on the fabric and cut.
Cut out all of the pieces the pattern calls for. I realized after I had my husband print the pattern that there was a special template for a wet zone layer so I just made my own template.
Fold the body of the soaker with right sides facing
Fit your leg cuff inside of the inside-out soaker.
Once you do that you're finished! Just clip all those loose threads and flip the soaker with the right side facing out.