Monday, October 29, 2012

Grilled Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Proscuitto, And Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Sandwich

When I see fresh mozzarella my mind almost immediately goes to prosciutto. Prosciutto and scamootz (smoked mozzarella) sandwiches and subs were something I didn't discover until my very early 20's when I lived in south Philly in the Italian neighborhood (Marconi district, Saint Monica's parish for any of you who are interested in the specifics.)

On my most recent trip to the grocery store I saw some and was unable to resist. I picked up the mozzarella and on my way over to the prosciutto I saw bread that screamed, "I'm perfect for sandwiches!" Awesome sauce.

My prizes.

I still had a little caramelized onion and mushroom left from a few days before and had no desire for it to go to waste.

Having just cleaned the George Foreman grill, everything was pretty much ready to go.

I buttered my bread like I did with the last sandwich I posted about.

Layered onion and mushroom

proscuitto

and fresh mozzarella slices.

Then I closed the grill and waited for it to cook. Cook however long it takes for your sandwich to toast in the way you most prefer.

Slice the sandwich in half if you like.

Don't forget to pop a wet paper, or in my case, UnPaper towel onto your grill to clean it before you feel too lazy.

Then enjoy your sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment