Friday, October 26, 2012

Pintesting In The Kitchen - Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies

The other night around . . .1AM I (for whatever reason) mentioned cookies. I didn't particularly want them right then. After perusing Pintrest for things I thought might be cute for my little lamb I mentioned baking cookies with her one day. My husband immediately perked up and said he wanted cookies and would I go bake some right now? NO! But I told him if I could find the time the next day I would make some. And if not the next day I promised I would make them that week. I managed to find the time.

Our weekend plans included helping one of my brother-in-laws with his (now yearly) haunted trail. With fall activities upon us it seemed like the perfect tome for pumpkin butterscotch cookies.

Today's pin comes to us via this pin, which was not as easy to follow as the usually are. First I had to click the original pin which took me here. Then you need to search "pumpkin butterscotch cookies." Then choose a link.

With all that finally behind me I assembled the majority of the necessary ingredients, turned on some Sesame Street to help me distract my little lamb. And got down to work. You may notice I have cinnamon sugar instead of cinnamon. We are out of cinnamon, I didn't feel like running to the store, or asking the neighbor.

Of course afterward I found our cinnamon sticks that I forgot we had. We hide them on top of the fridge right now because our little lamb started digging through the spice drawer one day and developed a taste for them.

Everything looked pretty wonderful once it was all mixed together.

I used our ice cream scoop to portion the cookies. And I even cooked one tray at a time for sixteen minutes exactly. Being decidedly anal about this I used the stop watch on my smart phone to time the cook time.

The delicious scent of pumpkin and butterscotch filled the house. When I took the first batch out of the oven I was surprised at how light and fluffy the cookies were.

When my husband came home his immediate reaction to the cookies was, "Whoa those are some huge cookies."

The taste was a lot less sweet than my husband anticipated but that didn't stop him from eating quite a few cookies before the night was over. I thought the very, very subtle sweetness made them perfect to take on a play date when you don't want the children in attendance too pumped full of sugar.

 The cookies managed to survive the weekend. I learned that these cookies are quite moist so I recommend that if you intent to store these in a closed container you do so with some rice or a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment