Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pintesting - Chem-Free Cleaning - The Oven

Today's pin-test comes from the info found here via this pin.

Behold my dirty oven - I can't recall the last time I cleaned it. Maybe a year ago and probably only the once since we've lived here (about 2 years.) It was due for another cleaning.

Sprinkle a little baking soda.

Give it a spray.

Scrubby scrub scrub.

Once I was done scrubbing you can see I was able to make a dent. I'd have to say my biggest problem was that when cleaning this way there isn't too much way that I can sprinkle baking soda on the walls of the oven.

After scrubbing there was still quite a greasy reside left on the oven door.

I tried a little miracle cleaner on it but was still left with enough residue that I doubt I did much good.

I've tried and seen other pins where people suggest using vinegar in a spray bottle. I put mine in a reclaimed Windex bottle and feel that these things work out better when I just pour the vinegar directly onto the baking soda. That is not, however, what I did this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment