Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pintesting - Chemical Free Beauty - Lemon Sugar Scrub

You may remember once I made the decision to rid my life of as many excess chemicals as I can (there are areas where I slip - we all do) I threw out a lot of beauty products I found to be harboring toxins I was previously unaware of.

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the info found here.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup salt - I used sugar because sometimes I have cuts and bruises from traipsing through the woods. Who wants to come home with the intention of relaxing and rub salt and lemon into a wound!?
1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons lemon juice

The directions are simple: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. - I mixed mine in the 1/2 pint jar I intended to store this in.

The resulting mix was too watery for me.

I like a firm scrub that I can pretty much hold in my hand. To remedy this "problem" I just added more sugar until the mix had reached the consistency I preferred.

How was it? The olive oil tends to still keep it really loose so I had to give it a bit of a mix before using it. It had a very light lemon scent wasn't at all unpleasant to use.

Around 80% of the time I shower I shower with my little lamb. The evening I tried this scrub was no exception.

There I was scrubbing and showering away when I look over and see her laying on her tummy not far from the drain. I thought she was pretending to swim. She wasn't. She was drinking what was washing off of me! It was a small battle to get her to stop.

Once I got her off her tummy she stood next to me with her mouth open trying to catch juice in her mouth.

When we got out of the shower I heard the dog in there licking at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment