Friday, December 21, 2012

Pintresting BLT's

This pin has been making its rounds and I haven't forgotten the idea.Once again I bought some lovely sandwich making bread

and thought - I want a BLT.

I carefully wove the bacon

A package of bacon spread out a bit better on two cookie sheets.

I placed it in the oven at 300 degrees until it looked done, flipping the bacon once during cooking.

My husband hates vegetables  . . . and most condiments . . . and most cheese. So his sandwich was just bacon. I cut the woven bacon in half so it would fit the bread even better.

I on the other hand . . .
simply cannot get enough vegetables.
The center pieces of sourdough bread were long enough

that to avoid making a massive mess I cut the sandwich into three pieces.

It was every bit as delicious as it looks.
 Well the point of this post was to see how helpful trying this method really is, not just to show you my delicious dinner. Making the bacon this way really did end up making things easier and the sandwiches quicker to assemble, I also think it contributed to the low amount of mess my sandwich left me with versus the amount I'm usually left with.

No comments:

Post a Comment