Monday, December 24, 2012

Pintesting In The Kitchen - Crock Pot Chicken With Noodles

Ohio has a wonderful program called, Help Me Grow, and each Christmas they have a Christmas party. The first year I was able to go with my husband, the second we didn't have all the information to know when it was, and that brings us to this year. It was looking a lot like my husband was probably not going to be able to make it because of the time he leaves work. So i invited his grandmother to go with us and figured we'd just hope that my husband would be able to join us later on.

But just in case I thought it wise to pop some dinner in the crock pot for him should he find himself coming home instead of joining us at the party. I had a very late start in the day and found myself incredibly busy so I didn't get the food into the crock pot until around 2 PM.

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information here.

This recipe is supposed to be cooked on low for eight hours but as I mentioned, I was trying to insure my husband came home to food so I chose to cook it on high for four hours.

Thankfully this is pretty quick and easy to throw together.

Chicken.
 Into the crock pot.

Two cans of cream of chicken soup.
Into the crock pot.

Chicken stock.

I like to use the chicken stock to help clean out the cream of chicken soup still left in the cans.
Into the crock pot.

A half of a cup of butter.

Sliced and thrown in.

Then I walked away until it was nearly time to leave for the party. Removed the chicken a bit early and did my best to shred it.

Left the noodles next to the crock pot.

Then left a note for my husband saying for him to stir the crock pot's contents, add the noodles, and make sure the crock pot is set for either high at 30 minutes or low for 1 hour.

This is the part where if you're the religious or spiritual type that you pray your husband can do this. Mine actually made it to the party so it never came up.

When I got home I put the noodles in and left it to cook on low for an additional hour. The result was delicious! Best of all the little picky eater ate some as well!
I will be adding this our rotation of regular meals and even plan to take some of the leftovers to my husbands grandmothers house for lunch to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment