Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pintesting - Chemical Free Beauty - Vanilla Brown Sugar And Coconut Scrub

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information here.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups of brown or raw sugar - I used brown sugar because it's what I have and isn't that the general idea we're all striving for when we make these things at home?

6-8 tablespoons of organic unrefined coconut oil - if you want to get technical I added 16 1/2 TBSPs because I couldn't find my TBSP

15-20 drops of vanilla essential oil (may be substituted with vanilla fragrance)

Following Directions:
I'd ordered vanilla oil but it wouldn't be here for a few days so I set this aside for the time being.

Once it arrived I was more than happy to add it and mix up my new wonderful scrub. 

I was able to put most of it into a half-pint jar. Guess I need to test this out ASAP so i can get my quart-sized jar back.

It says that your scrub needs to be stored in an airtight container and used within 6 months. I kinda doubt this will make it 6 months.

So how was it? Heavenly. The smell was completely amazing. I shaved my legs after using it and no moisture was stripped from my legs as a result. I can't recommend this one enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment