Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pintesting - Chemical-Free Cleaning - Emergency Dishwashing Detergent

There are so many things I can find to love about where I live. But when it comes to all things related to needing to call maintenance or to get whatever your issue is properly taken care of - this place kinda sucks.

My dishwasher broke again. The last time this happened maintenance took 2 1/2 weeks to show up and fix it. I really can't go through that again.
I was on my last couple of drops of my usual cleaner.

And on top of that I was running low on funds until the end of the week and my gas tank will read "E" if I go anywhere.

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information found here.

Having already used some of my rose castille soap earlier in the day I didn't have enough to make the full 2 c the recipe called for - in fact, I only have 1/2 c.

My recipe ended up being:
1/2 c liquid castille soap

1/4 c water
1/4 c white vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice

After putting all of this in a jar I gave it a shake and got down to work hand scrubbing as many dishes as I could stand.
The original poster mentions there is a lack of suds. This is true. Very true. Just keep on scrubbing. My dishes felt nice and clean when I was finished.
However, after all that cleaning all we were going to have for dinner was hot dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment