Friday, January 4, 2013

Pintesting In The Kitchen - Gummies

I felt like making a healthy snack food for my little lamb.

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information found here.

Get all of your materials together.

Anticipating that my little lamb would be all about some fruit snacks, I decided to make a double batch.

Having read ahead I knew that I was going to need to put apple juice


into a bowl and set it aside. I went ahead and did that first.

Hoping my chosen small pot would be large enough I put a cup of my mixed fruit in

and then a half of a cup of water in. Turn on your stove top and cook until your fruit is nice and soft.

Once it was it was ready for a very, very quick trip through the blender.

I'd planned to use my immersion blender but for some unforeseen reason it stopped working.

Back into the pot
with a cup full of apple sauce.

Once that's all been heated you should turn your attention back to the apple juice you set out and put your gelatin packets on top.

I found that it made greater sense considering what the next step was to just do this in the container I would be refrigerating this all in.

Pour the hot mixture of applesauce and fruit over the gelatin and stir well making sure that the gelatin has completely dissolved.
Then place it in the refrigerator to congeal.
It says to wait around 3 hours. I waited then sliced a few pieces for each of us to try.
How was it? It wasn't as tart as I anticipated. The texture isn't quite like a gummy and isn't quite like jello. It's sweet but not too sweet. I feel it would make a totally acceptable snack food for your child.

Also, don't make a double batch - she's not THAT into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment