Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pintesting - Crock Pot Pork Loin

I found this great pulled pork recipe but somehow I forgot that it called for pork shoulder and not pork loin so I guess that will have to be a pintest for another day.

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information found here.

I started with a hormone and anti-biotic free, 2-pound pork loin.
 Expecting to rub spices into your loins? Don't. The recipe tells you to just go ahead and dump ingredients A - F into the crock pot and turn it on. I can definitely do that!
The recipe tells you to cook this on high for four hours but I opted to just go ahead and cook it on low for eight.
Once the pork is almost done cooking
Remove the pork from the crock pot
 and shred it.
Mix your glaze ingrediants.
Put them in a small pot or pan and boil them.
Pour over your shredded pork.
At this point I only had a little over an hour until the timer was going to go off so I set this to keep warm.

What you do with your pork once it's finished is your call. I chose to add a little Jack Daniels barbeque sauce and make myself a yummy Cuban sandwich.


Yes, I definitely feel this pin is worth making.

1 comment: