Monday, February 18, 2013

Pintesting In The Kitchen - Ultimate Beef Stroganoff

Too often I forget to do anything for my resembling meal-planning for my parents visits. Having already planned to cook this particular dish during the pay period in which they would be visiting.

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the info found here.

I made sure to thaw the stew beef the day before so that I could at least try to have everything together as fast as possible the following morning, aka the day of my parents arrival.

My biggest recommendation is to make sure you can be home when the first of your timers goes off. My husband and I were out running last minute errands so when we got home the crock pot had been on "keep warm" for a minimum of an hour. I ended up having to add apple juice and beef broth just to make sure I had something a bit more than a lump of hot, tender, beef.

They never actually ended up getting the chance to try this dish. Despite my spending about an hour picking mushrooms out of the dish my husband didn't eat any either. I think it would have been even better with onions.

I can't really say if I loved this pin or not. There was a lot of variables that got thrown into the mix. Would I try it again? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment