Monday, February 4, 2013

Pintesting - Wee Wee Wigwam

Today's pintest come via this pin and the information found here.

The source of the pin said that you should use a bowl that's 6 - 8 inches in diameter. I used one of our regular cereal bowls
 I had some pre-cut squares left from the last time I made UnPaper towels and decided to begin with using some of those to make wigwams. I set my bowl on top of a piece of flannel.
 And cut out a circle the size of the cereal bowl.
 Using my first piece as a template I went back and continued cutting circles of flannel and terry cloth.
 Then I cut my circles in half.
 When you begin sewing you will want the right side of your flannel facing the right side of your terry cloth so I made sure to have all of my pieces set that way before I headed off to my sewing machine.
 Before I headed off I dug through some of my fabric again to see if I had any other flannels that I thought might be great for this project.I cut some of the camouflage leaving the other flannel for later.
 Sew the top of your half circle with a straight stitch and then flip the now sewn piece "inside out."
 Top stitch along the top of your half circle as close to the edge as you can - again with a straight stitch.
 Fold your piece over with the raw edges facing you and sew them together using a zig-zag stitch.
And that's pretty much all it takes to make wee wee wigwams for your little ones willy!

No comments:

Post a Comment