Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pintesting - PreFold Cloth Diapers Pt. 2

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information found here.

For quite some time now I've had all the flannel in my fabric stash pulled out and have been either buying more or guiltily shopping grandma's infamous basement full of fabric.

Mommy-ing is some pretty serious business that tends to keep you pretty busy. When it came time to cut my fabric into 12.5" (or in my case 13") x 21" strips, I just neatly stacked all of the flannels I felt like cutting on top of each other.
From there I measured and cut.
Now I had a nice stack of flannel ready to be turned into pre-fold diapers.
It was awesome to know that I was going to be able to sew right away instead of having to wait until another pay day to make my trip to get the microfiber cloth that I didn't already have on hand.
Fold the flannel in half, right side to right side, and sew down the long side of your fabric.
 You should now have a tube.
 You're going to want to place whatever it is you're choosing to use for absorbant pads in the center and zig-zag stitch on either side of the pad.

Now it's time to serge
If you're not new to serging this part will be super duper easy. Just serge those open edges et viola you're done!
I have issues on occasion where near the end of my piece I would only be serging with three threads so I went back over spaces I missed or that i was worried about with my sewing machine and zig-zagged until I felt there should be less issue.

By nights end I believe I had twenty-one or twenty-two of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment