Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Snack - Pin Fail - Cloud Bread

All I ever do is think about food, because it seriously seems there's nothing I'm ever allowed to eat. I spend my nights hunting for recipes I can eat the next day. I wake up starving and all day I have to plan how to make the next meal while I continue non-stop cleaning the house all day. What makes matters worse is having mealtimes where I have to make three meals. One for myself, one for my daughter, and one for my husband (who doesn't eat vegetables, cheese, or condiments.)

I am alone in my struggle in this household.

Once again I was truly starving and needed to find something I could eat. I was still having periodic energy crashes, plenty of fatigue, and regular migraines.

Cloud bread sounded heavenly, and not just because you can associate heaven with a land of clouds.

No money in the bank account and no gas in my car, I only had four eggs left in the refrigerator - this recipe really had to work or I'd now be out of a source of protein that I was in desperate need for.

3 eggs, separated 3 tablespoons cream cheese 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 packet of stevia - which by using this chart I tried to substitute with 2 tsps of sugar


Preheat oven to 300 degrees.


Separate the eggs.
 

In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 Tablespoon Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth. My Magic Bullet was still out from the morning so I chose to use that.
 

In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks. I accidentally put 1/8 tsp into the wrong bowl but I sallied forth and put the other 1/8 into the correct one. Genuinely week with hunger I did my best to whip the egg whites.

 Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.

Prepare two baking stones or sheets with parchment paper.
 

With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 8 rounds on the sheets. And that's where it all went to crap. I tried putting it on a pizza stone.
Then I tried putting it on some aluminum foil on a baking sheet (I have no parchment).
Having the correct amount of cream of tartar was key as was properly whipping the eggs until they formed peaks. I'd meant to use the Magic Bullet to do this but in my desperation to get some food into my body I got it all mixed up.

I threw everything into the sink and came back into the bedroom to post about my epic fail. I have no idea what I'm going to eat tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment