Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Snack - Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

I adore burgers. If you've followed me in the past when I was Pro-Portional Designs you may know a little bit about just how much I love burgers.

A friend of mine who spent her first pregnancy with gestational diabetes told me that I may need to steer clearer than I usually would. She told me I would probably need to skip the ketchup because of all of the sugar and I would be better off not eating the bun.

When creating my Dealing With Gestational Diabetes board on Pinterest I somehow came across this gem of a pin. Grilled cheeseburger wraps sounded so good that I decided they needed to be made that week.

1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon dried minced onion

pepper and salt to taste
5 flour tortillas (the larger ones)
shredded cheddar cheese

sliced tomatoes
 yellow mustard


Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. 

Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, and salt and pepper

to the beef

and simmer for 5 minutes. 

Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. 

I added a little green pepper and onion I had in the fridge.
Sliced up a beautiful organic tomato.
Then added that as well.

Mustard.
And finally ground beef.
My husband is a picky eater so his had a lot less.

Cheese.
Beef.
Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill (I used my George Foreman).

Grill wraps for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. 


Mine was a bit more of a mess when it came time to grill.

But the taste was still really wonderful.


I plan to add this recipe to the list of things we somewhat regularly make.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment