Friday, March 1, 2013

Pintesting - Sewing Pre-Fold Diapers Pt.1

Shocker, I've long since decided that I prefer to cloth diaper even while I am in the hospital. This means I have use for some new born sized pre-fold diapers.

Today's pintest comes via this pin and the information found here.

I asked my brother-in-laws and father-in-law for any old shirts they had and no longer wanted.

When it came to my father-in-law the conversation went like this:
Me: Do you have any old shirts?
Him: They're for you right?
Me: Yes, I'm making diapers out of them
Him: What?
Me: Diapers
Him: What?
Me: Diapers, so you'd better not want them back

I cut the shirts.
 When it came time to sew I realized it wanted me to fold the shirt. Which, I already knew yet somehow wasn't thinking about when I cut the shirts. Crud. I already knew which part of the shirts I'd cut I wanted to be able to see on the back.
What to do? Leave the shirts in that square they've been cut in. Place your absorbent cloths (I cut up some flannel)
 in the center of your shirts (I used two pieces of cut flannel).
 Zig zag stitch on either side of the pad so it's now in place. Then serge the edges.
As they are these are suitable to use with diaper pins. For those of you who'd really like to avoid the use of diaper pins you can sew bits of flannel to the portions where your snappi will need to attach.

No comments:

Post a Comment