Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Snack - Corn, Black Bean, and Avocado Salsa

Lunchtime for me and nap time for the little lamb. I needed something quick, nutritious, and delicious.

What you will need:
Corn
Black Beans
Green Pepper
Avocado
Cilantro
Cumin
Coriander
Lime
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

It's always best if you can have fresh ingredients but I need to work with what we have. And what we had was canned corn and canned beans.
As usual I didn't do any specific measuring. I just started putting forkfulls of corn and black beans into a bowl until I thought they had a nice mixture.
Then I sprinkled it with a bit of coriander, cumin, and cilantro.

Drizzle a little olive oil and a very healthy squeeze of lime. This really is a dish better with lime than lemon I must say.
 Add as much or little avocado as you like. I used about 1/4 of an avocado. At this point the bowl I was mixing this all in was getting really full.
Now for some green pepper (red pepper would also be great but I didn't have any)
Cut it up into bite sized pieces.
I didn't think this was looking too appetizing in the new bowl. I decided to finish up anyway by adding a bit of salt and pepper.
 If you're still adjusting to a new diet, having your food look appetizing is even more important. I'd rather wash these three bowls then stare forlornly into a bowl of unappetizing looking food. Switching bowls worked.
And the dish was really yummy too! I enjoyed it so much I had seconds but without the avocado because I was feeling stingy before grocery day.
Still good, but better with avocado ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment